Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Running The Race To Win!


I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14

Today I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma participating in the Color Run along with my sister and great niece. I am not here to try to win, although as I get older, as long as there aren't that many in my age group I might have a chance,  as I surprisingly did in the Warrior 5k in Huntsville, Alabama last February 13(Third for my age group). 

Life is a big race too. It is referred that way in the Bible in several verses. Not all runners win races but they all are supposed to try hard. Many people at races are just there to get by. Accomplish a goal perhaps but not that into it. A real runner wants to do his or her best. 

In life are you just existing or are you vying for the Heavenly prize? Are you waking up each day excited about what God has in store for you that day or do you dread each day like hurdles on a runner's track? Life is exciting and each of us needs to embrace it and be prepared. Most important keep looking straight ahead with your focus on the finish line which is Christ Jesus calling us to Heaven. 

PRAYER: Help me Lord to make sure I keep looking towards the finish line and not behind me for the prize is straight ahead. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment