Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Hurting World

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, Ephesians 3:20
It is hard to know what to say to someone who feels a dead end in their job. Maybe a person with an incurable disease. How about someone in debt. The list goes on. You may know someone in a similar depressing situation or it may be you. Believe me God does know your pain and He does care.
Once 'by accident' I found myself in a text communication with an atheist. I say by accident as we know there is no such thing as a God thing accident. This person told me it was so sad that I believed the way I did and he or she could not imagine an eternity in Heaven saying it was worse possible thing they could think of. Anyway I just saw this as an opportunity to witness to this individual. This happened because of a prayer request I sent to a friend who no longer had that number in the 719 area code vicinity. 
I saw this person as hurting and wondered how he or she had gotten to the point they thought having a faith in Jesus and having hope was stupid. Many of you may pass people every day who are hurting in some way. Some may believe but others are totally without Christ. Wherever you find yourself today take a moment to smile at someone. It is a rare thing to see happy people smiling for no reason. Pray for people in your vicinity that may not know Christ as their savior. Indeed the world is hurting but Jesus can make all the difference. 
PRAYER:  Thank you for the opportunities you give me to pray for other people whether friends, family, or total strangers. Nothing is by chance or accident and you have plans that only you know. Use me in a way to impact the world around me and help the hurting. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment