Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Trust God In The Storms


  Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 1 Timothy 6:17

Here in my region of the United States, the spring severe storm season is upon us. As I wrote  this a few days ago  I was watching non stop coverage of tornado watches and warnings. My husband and I have been in our underground storm shelter once. When a possible tornado is bearing down on you possessions are the least of your concerns.

Storms can wipe out everything you have in a matter of minutes. Your hope needs not to be on your closet full of clothes, high definition TV, fancy car, or actual home. In times like this basically you pray and wait.

 Are you able to let go of Earthly possessions or would you be freaking out if they were destroyed? This is a real test of not being materialistic. Your hope in the storms of life is Jesus Christ. Why not trust Him?

PRAYER: I am very thankful Lord for the peace only you can provide. When the storms of life come whipping up destruction help me stay calm and trust you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment