Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Time Marches On. Embrace It!

Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalm 103:5(Read verses 1-4 as well) 

We are in a youth obsessed society. Seemingly people have no worth if they get gray hair, age spots, saggy neck, and arthritis. The fact is, that too is part of God's plan here on Earth. I have caught myself wishing I could take a laser and zap the brown spots off my hands so as to not give away my age. Geez. I will tell a secret to my younger readers.  When you get older you don't feel older. Things on the outside change but the person you were is there on the inside. Embrace it. 

Each person has something to contribute no matter what their age. If you are on the verge of turning 40 and feel like life as you know it is over lean in and lean on God. You are valuable to God at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100. It is this culture we live in that is youth obsessed. Don't get an idea you are not able to try things. Keep seeking for improvement. Your contributions are valuable. Don't give up and don't quit on enjoying life. Reach out to others and enrich someone else's life too. 

We are to take care of the temple of God, which is our earthly body by not abusing it with overeating, lack of exercise, drug or alcohol abuse, and other things. Our main priority is to glorify God in our body and with our body no matter what your age. So even though the clock is ticking and we can do nothing to stop it, don't dread getting older. God can and will use each stage of your life. Cling to Him and trust Him. 

PRAYER: Forgive me for not accepting my age and wishing I could turn back the clock. Help me not be ashamed of my age and to lean on you. I thank you for the gift of living and want to live each day to the fullest reaching out to others with the love of Christ instead of worrying about my birthday. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment