Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Growing Weary


Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

As I approached the entrance to the Post Exchange I dreaded what I would find in the magazine section. February is the month the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue hits the shelves, which in my humble opinion has no business at eye level of youngsters in a family store like the PX. Since moving here in 1999 I have faithfully gone in each February to request they put them up high with the adult magazines and not at eye level in the special provocative display supplied by magazine company. I'm not sure if I was too early or if I had already won this years' moral battle, but no magazines with any adult content except one,  were anywhere in site. Hallelujah. I immediately went to managers office to pass on my thanks. 

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)A friend of mine and myself years ago went into a local bookstore and went to their adult section,  deceptively named 'Men's Fashion' or something like that. We turned the covers of the adult magazines around so little eyes could not see them. No eyes need to see them I don't think. You can always request they put them behind the counter for customers to have to request. Don't be afraid to speak up in love for moral issues. If everyone thinks it is someone else's job what will our world become? Each believer has to do his or her part to change society for the better. 


Whatever the issue, when it comes to the truth, speak up. That could mean calling your Congressman, emailing or writing a letter to an advertiser,reporting a crime to law enforcement,  prayer walking around an area  that needs lifted up, voting, running for office, or talking to a store manager. Pray first and make sure you stay calm. Do your part to help keep Christian morals and principles intact in this great nation. Everybody has a voice so use it before you lose it. 

PRAYER: I love my country. I love my freedom. Evil has crept into this world little by little in my lifetime starting with prayer being taken from the public school in 1963. It has been downhill ever since with more immorality and unthinkable things. Help me never give up and grow weary as there is always hope because of the cross. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment