Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Need A Realignment?


How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.    do not let me stray from your commands. Psalm 119:910

Our motor vehicles all need to be cared for properly in order to last a long night time. Oil changes, car washes, tune ups, and re-alignments. I wonder how many of us require a 're-alignment' of sorts in our walk with the Lord? Chug holes that come upon us by surprise or hitting a curb can do damage to our tires if the vehicle is not given a re-alignment. 

To get re-aligned with our Savior Jesus Christ we need to be still and sit at His feet and listen to His voice. Through the rush of our daily activities it is easy to get into bad habits of hitting the 'chug holes' of life and then not going to your repair center to spend time alone and refresh and re-align yourself. I choose a quiet spot in my home either in bedroom or living room and have my Bible, a notebook, and sometimes a Bible study or devotional book. You have to be committed to make this 're-alignment time' happen daily. It may be harder on weekends, if there are small children around or if you have to go to work, but it is essential to do so Satan can not trick you and take your thoughts captive to his lies. 

Is it time to put a spiritual re-alignment on your to do list? 

PRAYER: I know I say I need to spend more time with you and yet I often rush into my day where you are my last thought. Forgive me Lord. I know that Satan is roaming around trying to distract believers and make them believe lies of this world. Help me prioritize my life so you are truly first daily! In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment