Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, February 8, 2016

Life From An Airplane Window


The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.Psalm 19:1

One of my favorite things to do is fly. Not actually pilot a plane, although all three Miller men can fly a plane and one does it for a living. I just love being up in the sky at 35,000 feet especially on a clear day or night and gazing down at the Earth below. I have loved flying since I first got in a small plane in the 7th grade.  After that it was a high school graduation gift to fly to Florida in a jet to see my grandma. I wanted to be a flight attendant I loved it so much and still sort of do, but am not applying for the job even though people my age are qualified. I applied 3 times but never made it. Not His plan. 

Out the airplane window it is so magnificent. Beautiful clouds, the configuration of the land below, mountain peaks, and even the inclement weather is fascinating. It is a awesome way to gaze. It is a peaceful place to meditate upon God's glory. Even in the occasional bad weather flights I have been on that can get bumpy,  I still praise God for the magnificent thunder clouds and yes, even lightening. 

The crew of Apollo 8 read the first chapter of Genesis on December 24, 1968 part of which reads "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
‘And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
‘And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.‘And God saw the light, that it was good." From up there is space you can really see the handwork of God in an immense way. I feel it would be hard to be an atheist and an astronaut.  Whether you like to fly in a plane or maybe have never been in one just look up at night at the starry sky above you and indeed you can praise your Creator.


PRAYER: Lord you are good and your mercies endure forever. Your handiwork declares your glory. I praise you for this Earth you spoke into existence. May those who choose to ignore you not be able to deny your existence when they look up into the heavens. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. So interesting ...we just read through the Genesis 1 passage you quoted and there is still so much awe in this for me. Good word, Becky!

    ReplyDelete