Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Running Your Race To Win!


Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24

Recently I ran in my first race in 12 years, a 5k on hilly terrain on a below 32 degree, yet sunny day. Surprisingly I continued to press on and not quit despite the occasional small hill. Along my route, which I thought would never end,  I met others happily in the middle or back of the pack and they were of all ages. We cheered each other on as we chugged along. I was chanting my Army running songs to give me motivation. 

Life is a race of sorts. The finish line is the gates of Heaven. We press on through thick and thin, good and bad, failures, defeats, joys and sorrows. Sometimes you get to a point you think you just can't complete life's race. When thoughts of despair and defeat enter your head they are not from God. His goal is to us to press on regardless. 

Whatever you are dealing with my friend try to stay positive. A job loss, a death in the family, bankruptcy, not getting a promotion, loss of a baby or child, alcoholism, drug addiction, addictions in general. Keep looking to Jesus and He will get you through. That key word is 'through'  meaning not forever. Press on. 

PRAYER: The joy of the Lord is my strength. I know there is always a rainbow tomorrow and light at the end of a seemingly dark tunnel. I choose to look up and not down. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky:
    This is a very timely message for me. Thank you for sharing it. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete