Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Have You Put God In Your Junk Folder?

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5

Everyone who uses a computer,  and that is most people, knows about the junk or spam folder. There we put things we receive in our inbox that we consider a bother, junk, or just of no real importance. Maybe it goes there because we know it is good but just don't have time to read it now.

Have you let God and Jesus slip into the 'junk folder' of your life? Oh my goodness, I hope not but it is so easy to be captivated by 'this world' above all else and just not have time for God who should truly be first. Don't say He is first unless your actions follow and that would be reading the Bible daily to get to know Him better. Making time for church and finding a growing dynamic church where you can grow and not stagnate. Perhaps trying to find a Small group Bible study during the week. Feeding your mind with the things of the Lord instead of a steady diet of depressing news, Hollywood gossip and things of this world that don't really matter. Putting a hobby or sport before Christ. Ouch. 

Perhaps it is time to use 2016 to take a good honest hard look at your life and see if you really are putting Christ first and not throwing Him in your junk folder. 

PRAYER: Oh Lord forgive me for times I have let other things take priority over you. There are times I know I need to read your word, find a church home, and start really living a life centered on you but I am distracted. Help me put away things in life that are ruining my relationship with you and prioritize things to put you back in your rightful place. In Jesus' name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment