Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Being Kind

A new command I give you:  Love one another.  Just as I have loved you so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know you are my disciples if you love one another.  John 13:34-35
The ache of rejection is hard, at least for me. I have been rejected by close friends before. Some though have been rejected by family members or spouses which is much worse probably. 
Thinking about Easter which we recently celebrated, Jesus was despised and rejected by men. Beat up, mocked,whipped, scorned yet all along he said not one word. Accounts have Him grimacing in pain from this torture but never once saying once ugly word. How many of us could endure that type brutality without wanting to say something back? Luke 23:34 says "Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots." 
Is there someone in your life you need to learn to be kind to? Humanly maybe they deserve to be spoken ugly to, but that is not God's desire. He desires kindness. Start your week being kind under impossible situations. You will feel better for it.

PRAYER: There are people who rub me the wrong way sometimes Lord but I know it's not right to be ugly back or even think ugly thoughts. Help me remember to be kind and pray for them, not gossip. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment