Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Times Up


Show me, LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is. Psalm 39:4

I like to read obituary's. Some say this trait occurs when you get old but I find it fascinating to see the various ages of those who have passed away. I wonder how many died without knowing Jesus. I have even thought of writing obits as a business idea. The fact is we are all going to die some day, we just do not know when. The very young deaths always make me sad. My heart goes out to the parents. I can not imagine the pain they carry.

If your life ended today would you be ready to meet God? We are all going to. When we die we either go one of two places: heaven or hell. I have heard it say that God is not loving if He sends people to hell. People send themselves to hell by rejecting Him and not living for Him. Why wait till you lay dying to decide to follow Him. Experience all He has for you now. John 14:6 says to us 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." It is the truth my friend. 

I do not know if I will die tonight, tomorrow or thirty years from now but I know this. When my time is up I want the Lord to say to me "well done good and faithful servant'. (See Matthew 25:23). 

PRAYER: Lord thank you loving me even when I act like I do not love you. Help me to shine for you and let my witness draw others to you. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment