Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Crosses By The Road



I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, Philemon 1:4

Here in the state of Alabama every now and then I see a cross on the roadside where someone died in a car wreck. Some are simple wooden crosses with a name etched on them and others are very elaborate with flowers and other decorations. They represent one thing. The death of a special person in someone's life. 

When passing these crosses, usually too fast to be able to read the names, I try to remember to pray for the family and friends of this victim who suddenly and unexpectedly was involved in a car crash and lost their life. The pain the family endures is mostly shoved done as the years go on. The memory lingers on and this roadside tribute is a families way of dealing with the unthinkable. A couple names I did see were Emily, Brandon, and Courtney. These families  could use prayer to help them each day wake up and face the new day. 

Are there people in your life who could use prayer? When you say you will pray for someone do you do it or just say it? I am ashamed to say sometimes I forget. Why not do it right then and there on the spot and even with the person who asks you if you have time. You may not have a 'cross by the road' to remind you of praying for people but try to make an effort each day to think of who you know who could use your prayers. 

PRAYER: Father I thank you for the privilege of prayer. I know you hear our prayers and answer them in time. Maybe not how we think they should be but your plan is greater than anything we could conjure up. I will keep on praying. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment