Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

GOD IS THE BEST SHELTER EVER


Have you ever been out walking or hiking and a sudden unexpected storm
hits? If there is no where to go you simply are out in the elements.
But if you are on a golf course often there are "shelters". Sometimes
in a park there will be a "shelter house" or as they were known in
Arizona, "ramada's". On hiking trails sometimes you will be fortunate
enough to find a "lean to" but basically a shelter is extremely
important for protection. Also people have "financial shelters" like
their 401k but even that can falter.

Life in general has many things you need to be sheltered from. Right
up there on top of the list are attacks from the "enemy" in the form
of "spiritual warfare". The enemy is not a little guy in red pajamas
with a pitch fork but he is deceiving and cunning and can trick the
most well meaning person. He operates here on this earth through
earthly subjects who have been taken captive by him, sometimes without
their knowledge. He is a liar and a thief.(See John 10:10).He hates
anything to do with the kingdom of God. He loves it when Christians do
not read their Bibles as then they are powerless to defeat Him. He
hates The United States as we were founded on Biblical principles and
the founders used the Holy Bible when writing the Constitution. His
goal would be to destroy this great land and all we stand for. He
loves "spiritual weaklings" who simply go to church and think that is
enough.

Are you a spiritual weakling or are you a mighty warrior for God?
Which do you want to be? In Psalm 46:1(GNT) it says 'God is our
shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.' God
should be your shelter and your strength. Don't rely on men,
government or your bank account to help you. They will fail. Only God
and His word can see you through any trial in your life and completely
shelter you from the storms of life.

Let me end with Psalm 18:2(NIV) which says 'the Lord is my rock, my
fortress, and my deliverer. My God is my rock in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.' Who is
your shelter today? Run to Jesus. He will always help you.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus thank you for my life. I know that the enemy is
waging a war against good and evil. Keep me alert to the dangers in my
path thrown at me by Satan. Protect my family as well and open their
spiritual eyes to lies of the enemy. I choose to look to you. In
Jesus' name. Amen.

Have a great day. Click on link below and start your day with a song of joy:
http://youtu.be/5uc1smOOs7A

No comments:

Post a Comment