Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

TAKE TIME TO SMELL THE ROSES


Do you rush through your day hardly stopping to take a break or a
breath? You may use the all too familiar excuse that you are working
and no time for a break. Try to get yourself out of your cubicle and
outside to enjoy God's creation. Our lives are often times filled with
non stop activities such as meetings, classes, clubs, sports, shopping
and much more. In this busy time God is often forgotten in the
equation. Somehow all the other things make the "to do" list but the
most important thing, spending time with Jesus, takes a back seat to
everything seemingly more important.

Through a ministry I have been a part of now for over 16 years now,
Moms in Prayer International, formerly Moms in Touch, there is a thing
called a "DAWG" day which I encourage ladies, and men, to try to make
time for sometime. It stands for "Day Alone With God" where you simply
get away from your home and distractions and go someplace quiet, safe,
and peaceful and pray and read your Bible. My area of choice here
happens to be a state park nearby. You just sort of get time to
regroup, think, pray, confess sins in your life, and study God's word.
Even if you only have two hours to spare, try it sometime and leave
the cell phone off.

It is during these times of peace you have time to appreciate what God
has done for you. To "smell the roses" is to truly appreciate God's
mercy and goodness. We can not fully tune in to God if we are
constantly distracted by things in life so it is necessary to have
that time alone.

Psalm 46:10(NIV) says 'Be still and know that I am God.I will be
exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.'

PRAYER: Lord I need to insure I do not allow the busyness of life to
squeeze you out. I know the enemy is thrilled when I do not make time
for you. Forgive me Lord. I can not expect to know you by only giving
you one hour on Sunday. My desire is to seek your face and make time
for you daily making sure other things do not come first. In Jesus'
name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment