Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

ARE YOU A SEEKER OF PEACE?


Christmas may be behind us where everyone hears the phrase "Peace on
earth good will to men" but peace is needed around the clock 365 days
a year. Do you feel like you have peace in your life? If not what
could you do to change it? Maybe trust God and not take on worry so
much?

In 1 Peter 5:7(NIV) we are told to 'Cast all your cares on Him for He
cares for you'. God's intent was never for us to bear a burden alone.
We are to share concerns with trusted family and friends and also try
to give them over to God. What good does worry do anyway? Can you
think of one thing positive it helps with? I can't. So why do we rob
ourselves of valuable peace by sitting around and fretting? Psalm
34:14(NIV) says to 'Seek peace and pursue it'. To pursue means to go
after. Can you make "going after" peace a priority of your life?
Whether at work, at home, with strangers or friends, make it your aim
to try to remain peaceful. When things go bad and you feel like you
want to explode inside, call on God and ask Him to help you remain
calm. When life throws you a curve ball ask God to keep you thinking
on good things. It is only through focusing on positive and not
negative that we can hope to have that type of peace God wants us to
have.Your environment might have to change. If watching the nightly
news stresses you out for instance, turn it off. That is just one
small example.

Here are a few more verses to read and meditate upon dealing with the
subject of peace:
Romans 14:19(NIV) Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads
to peace and mutual edification.
Hebrews 12:14(NIV) Make every effort to live in peace with all men and
to be holy, without holiness no man shall see God.
1 Peter 3:11(NIV) He must turn from evil and do good, He must seek
peace and pursue it.
John 14:27(NIV) Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not
give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and
do not be afraid.
Colossians 3:15(NIV) Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,
since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be
thankful.
Romans 12:16(NIV) Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud,
but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be
conceited.
It is my hope that by reading the above verses out loud, if you are in
a place you are able to, you will start to feel the power and presence
of God. Peace is something that is very important to seek after, as the
enemy, Satan, is constantly bombarding us trying to get us to be
frazzled. Do not allow it! Finally one final verse is in James 4:7
(NIV) and it simply says 'Resist the devil and he will flee from you.'
You can do it my friend! God is there to help!

PRAYER: Lord Jesus it is my desire to walk with peace day after day. I
know bad things in life will happen but I ask you to give me your
supernatural ability to take on your character. I know Lord the more I
read and meditate upon your word the more peaceful I will be so as I
seek to do this help me Lord to not make excuses. In Jesus' name.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I find peace to sometimes be elusive for me. a certain someone says something to me and my temper rises. I find peace when I am reading my devotions or in prayer. I have to get by this downfall of reacting. Thank you for these scriptures.

    ReplyDelete