Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

ONE A DAY



Have you taken your "spiritual vitamin" today? We seem to do everything else but take care of the "spirit man" dwelling inside of us 

Get  up. Check.
Brush teeth. Check.
Shower. Check.
Get dressed. Check.
Eat breakfast. Check.
Read the paper. Check.
Watch the morning show. Check.

Are you forgetting something? You have neglected to take your dose of "spiritual vitamins" for the day. Staying healthy spiritually is oh so very vital yet  how many fail to bother looking at their Bible till Sunday rolls around and then maybe not. Many may think that just being  on the church membership rolls is enough or being baptized. I hate to tell you, but it is not.

To stay growing and healthy in the Lord it is necessary to have regular time with Him reading His word and praying. How can you expect to be able to handle things when life gets tough, and it usually will, if you are not rooted and grounded in God's word? How do you know what is right or wrong if you do not study the word? Do not just make it something you hear on Sunday.

Colossians 2:7(NIV) reminds us ''Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.' If you have not started a regimen of taking those "spiritual vitamins"  why not do it today? 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I know just like taking regular vitamins to help my physical body be healthy and well, I have to take my "spiritual vitamin" as well. Give me the desire to let you be first in my life and not just say it. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts. I asked for a new translation of the Bible for Christmas. I look forward to comparing the new version with the one I have used for several years.

    ReplyDelete