Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

EXCITED ABOUT YOUR GIFTS?


This time of the year we are winding down and de-stressing from the
rush of the Christmas season, more than likely. As stated in
devotions leading up to this special day where we celebrate Jesus'
miraculous birth, the focus needs to get off the man made traditions
and onto our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Many may have spent way
too much money for gifts people do not even like or appreciate. For
me personally some of the best gift giving times have been when I have
made time in my schedule leading up to Christmas to make a homemade
gift. For some this is cookies but for others it is a craft for the
home such as a basket, a painting or something similar. Some give
afghans or quilts. Perhaps doing some ceramics or pottery. Maybe your
thing is mixing up some spiced tea mix. The look on a person's face
when they realized the time you took is not why you do it. I know when
I have received gifts like this it makes me almost cry. Do not get me
wrong, as store bought gifts can be just as heartfelt. But did you go
overboard and now have a tremendous credit card bill coming your way?
If so this means January and February may be stressful as well.

Time to regroup and get ready to do it different next Christmas. One
thing that has helped "yours truly" is making my traditional family
photo card as a New Years card instead. I work on them in the month of
January. Maybe your cards come in bunches and you hardly have time to
read them. This is a fun way to skip that.

There are some reading this where Christmas may have been very unhappy
due to a recent death or anniversary of a death and my heart goes out
to you. Perhaps you have lost a job or a marriage has ended. Whatever
caused the unhappy feeling makes you less than joyful. Elderly people
often have no one to really do things with or help them, especially
those who live in nursing homes. The world has many lonely souls out
there. Maybe there was just no money to spend.

If you fall into the category of needing some joy and peace, do not
wait until the New Year to make a resolution to do things
differently. Start now and make Jesus part of your day and the major
part of this "holy day" as, after all, it is his birthday.

Many are worried about the future, if you happen to live in the
United States, as politicians have drug us into bankruptcy and an
impending fiscal cliff because they could not stop printing money and
giving freebies out. No discipline in their homes would have resulted in
total chaos but it is okay to send the American people off a cliff. We
are told to trust in God and not in man so do not let this drive you
crazy. Once again focus on Jesus and his word.

Let me end with a scripture to mediate on found in Phillipians 4:6-7
and it says 'Do not be anxious about anything but with everything by
prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made
known to God and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding
will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.' Can you do that?
Can you run to God and give Him your cares? Stop what you are doing
and purpose in your heart you will get up daily and focus on the
goodness of God and trust Him with your concerns. He is God after all!

PRAYER: I thank you Lord for living where I can openly pray and read
my Bible. I know many countries persecute and kill Christians so I do
not take this freedom for granted. Lord I confess sometimes I focus on
problems and not on you. Forgive me Lord. I choose this day to start
by reading the word and prayer. I know you will take care of me. In
Jesus' name. Amen.

Click on link below for a wonderful song of peace:
http://youtu.be/nO4uIyz_d90

No comments:

Post a Comment