Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

MESSED UP? YOU'RE FIRED! (NOT)


Who hasn't made mistakes in their life? We all have. Sometimes the thing you do might possibly be a sin against God. Guess what? God doesn't say 'you're fired' but instead He allows you grace and mercy. He forgives you. It says in Psalm 103:12(NIV) 'As far as the east is from the west so far has He removed our sins from us.' Isn't that terrific news? 'But wait, I really messed up and think there is no hope' you may say. God is the God of hope and second chances. He loves you with an everlasting love. When bad stuff in life happens He does indeed care for you. He is your best friend if only you would let Him be. Often times, when awful stuff happens and you fear for your future, you might be tempted to run to friends and just get mad at your situation instead of seeking God and praying.

In 1 Corinthians 6:11(NIV) we are reminded 'And that is what some of you were but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of God.' Again more wonderful news! Psalm 56:4(NASB) reminds us also that 'In God whose word I praise, In God who I have put my trust, I will not be afraid what mere men can do to me.' I love that, mere men! God is greater and more powerful than any mere man. He is sovereign over all. Remember that.

Even if you have something terrible happen it does not mean it is the end of the world. Now mind you, those reading this who have lost a child or loved one may say there is no way to go on, but God does indeed want us to go on. He has plans and purposes for all things and if you run to Him he will see you through whatever storm or trial in life you are in the midst of.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus thank you for being with me in good times and in not so good times. Sometimes I do not understand why awful stuff has to happen but help me Lord to lean on you and not listen to the lies the enemy puts in my head trying to get me angry at you. You are a God of mercy and truth and I thank you for the many ways you have blessed my life in good times and in bad. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click on link below and praise God in song:

No comments:

Post a Comment