Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

DON'T LET SATAN DISTRACT YOU

Are you the kind who sits glued to the TV news and feeds your mind

with the bad news around you? The news puts fear in your heart and
possibly sometimes anger. It is important to know what is going on but
if you lose your focus and become totally  consumed with tragedy, problems,
defeat, and bad memories then it is pretty difficult to stay peaceful
and focused on God and his goodness.

What you need to get in the habit of doing first and foremost is
turning off bad news  and focusing on the good news of Jesus Christ.
Jesus is Lord. Things bad happen but God knows the end of the story.
We need not despair but we need to get up each and every day thanking
him for another day He has given us. Death happens, evil happens, wars
happen, corruption happens but Jesus is much bigger than all those
things. His plan is greater than our plan. ( Read Jeremiah 29:11-13).

Do you ever feel like Job where it seems only bad things happen and
you can not take it anymore? Stop for a moment and just get on your knees
in a quiet place, perhaps in your closet, and just cry out to God.
Satan will try to get you to focus on your problems and turn your
anger on God and blame Him. Do not do that my friend. God loves you.
His ways are greater than our ways. Our life down here is only
temporary. We are like a vapor here today and gone tomorrow. We are
supposed to be serving Him and Him alone and stay focused even through
the storms of this life. Hard to do at times but give it a try.

What is bothering you today? In the book of 1 Peter 5:10(TLB) it says
"After you have suffered a little while, our God, who is full of
kindness through Christ, will give you  his eternal glory. He
personally will come and pick you up, and set you firmly in place, and
make you stronger than ever." Cry out to God as He does truly care for
you.



PRAYER: Thank you Lord for all you have done in my life. Thank you Lord you have my life and that of my family in your hands. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords. I give you praise  not just at Christmas but every day of my life. Forgive me Lord when I have blamed you for my problems. I know Satan is a great deceiver and he wants me to dwell on problems as when I do I take my focus off you . I want to stop that now. Help me Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link and prepare to praise God.
http://youtu.be/xnWw24s5gG8

No comments:

Post a Comment