Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Stay Cool, Calm, And Collected-Stay Off Social Media

 

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.“ Proverbs 3:5-6

What do you do first thing in morning? Do you go turn on the morning news? Maybe you check Facebook? Can I suggest maybe taking stock of how much time you do those things compared to spending time in the Word of God. 

I find when you stay off social media you stay away from the chatter, the bragging, the political battles,  the perfect family comparisons, and so many other trivial things. Social media can tend to make you dwell on negative things and celebrity gossip. Also it makes you self conscious instead of God conscious. 

If you know you need to get freedom from  the screens in your life and let go of things that don’t really matter ask God to help you. 

PRAYER: Father help me not become a slave to social media but help me focus instead on you Lord not about me, me, me. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment