Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Fighting The Good Fight

 








I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:7-8 NIV Bible gateway
Death will come for all of us. Your final destination will be Heaven or Hell. Period. What are you doing now to prepare for death?
My sweet longtime friend Elaine was in perfect health and had  counted on living into her 90’s next to her sweetheart since age 14 but death took her on March 29. She got gall bladder and liver cancer and even though we believed for a miracle and a healing God took her home after four months of cancer.
Her husband is deeply grieving. She made jewelry and greeting cards and visited nursing homes. On Veterans Day she made gifts for Veterans and went to restaurants where Veterans had their free meal and passed them out. I was with her once when she did this act of service. Why did God allow a person like that to die? I don’t know. I pray for her family still in disbelief from her sudden passing. In October they would have celebrated 50 years of marriage. Friend no one knows the mind of Christ and His ways are higher than ours. Talk to God and share your grieving heart with Him. He lost His only Son. 
PRAYER: Thank you Lord for friends and family you bring then take away. Death stings so help prepare my heart to deal with it and comfort others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Click link for a tribute song to my friend Elaine Manning. 1955-2024

No comments:

Post a Comment