Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 1, 2024

Alone Yet Not Really Alone


A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”John 16:32-33 NIV Bible Gateway 

Sometimes it is okay to take a break and do nothing. If you’re a mom with toddlers or young children it might be harder to orchestrate but point being it is even good for children to learn the value or resting and stillness. 

As I write this I am relaxing, not following my to do list, next to a fountain. I am under a shade tree. It is a mild 70 degree day. I am observing antics of birds flying here and there.  I was pondering the people in the Big Apple needing to escape to Central Park to get away from the concrete jungle and noise. 

When you are alone God is always with you. Enjoy some peace without clamoring for Facebook updates. Sit, pray, be still, relax. Don’t worry what others think or who is looking at you because probable no one is. Just chill and thank God for moments of solitude. 

PRAYER: Lord to you I lift up praises of Thanksgiving for life, for blessings, for family, for friends, for a time of relaxation. Help me seek joy in every situation. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment