Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Zip Your Lip, Turn Off Your Tears, Talk To God

 

“Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut.”Proverbs 10:19
Just because I write devotions doesn’t mean I don’t struggle with the area of ‘stinking thinking’. Satan loves to get Christ followers all upset with people that ‘deserve’ to be hurt and so forth.
Christ wants us to emulate Him. Think about this for a moment. If you go off the rails and trash a friend or family member is that honestly being Christlike? Of course you know the answer. It is hard to be like Christ when you fill your mind with hatred if all you ‘dwell’ on is social media.
I have been upset and started crying big buckets of tears almost feeling sorry for myself when in actuality I needed to talk to my Heavenly Father. All have sinned. Period. Let the Holy Spirit do his work and your work is to love people, forgive them no matter what, and above all to never stop praying. Eliminate any remnants of ugly speech from your mouth. Get your heart right with God and trust Him.
PRAYER: I get overwhelmed sometimes and in anger our ugliness can spew forth out of our mouths. My job is to love, not hate. It is to let the Holy Spirit work. Help me Lord stay on your potters wheel. Mold me and shape me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment