Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 20, 2024

Shame On You

 


 I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children.1 Corinthians 4:14

I have just realized just how bad saying these three little words to anyone is. Maybe unknowingly your parents or a teacher said them to you at one time when you were being scolded.

If you have ever said these to children or grandchildren please repent of it now. Shame is not a good word to cast out on anyone. It has negative vibes. Instead be thinking of a little less harsh word if you have to make correction instead of wishing shame on someone. 

Think of words to bless and show firmness and kindness. 

PRAYER: Lord thank you for the gift of speech but help me not use my words to hurt or shame others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment