Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 1, 2024

Do I Really Need That?


For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.1 Timothy 6:7-8
Materialism affects people in many ways. You see a neighbor get an outdoor jacuzzi you want one. Electric bikes are the latest thing and not knowing if you will like them you buy them. When will it end? Do you have to be like the rest of the world?
Ever watch the show American Pickers or Storage wars? These shows depict many people who can’t stop buying stuff or have no place for it so store it. Our relatives don’t want saddled with things we collected.
Be content and realize all that stuff will rust, fade, break, or cause great debt. No U Hauls follow hearse to cemetery. Seek things above not more things to have to dust or care for. Your most important possession should be cherished and used and that is your Bible. Love it, follow what it says.
PRAYER: Father thank you for providing for me and help me remember to get in habit of helping others and not just piling up things I think I need cause an advertisement tells me I do. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment