Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Giving My Quirks To God



Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.1 Peter 5:8 NIV Bible Gateway 


When your mind has nothing to occupy itself with it is easy to start drifting into areas in your life Satan uses to disable you. Jealousy, wild imagination, thinking you know what others think, fear you offended someone. You get the idea. Certainly I am not the only one who deals with this. 

Take up knitting or study rocket science that will use up brain cells on a worthwhile manner. As laughable as it seems to maybe a few out there who don’t have this issue, it is a way that the enemy uses a personality weakness to make you stumble. Did I hear you say “Give everything to God?” That means everything! 

Consciously stop thinking dumb stuff and fill your mind with love, joy, peace, being kind, sharing with others, and just staying still and not going back into the same area you get nabbed at over and over. Bible teacher Joyce Meyer calls it stinking thinking. I know together you and I can kick this personality trait out of our lives. What do you say? 

PRAYER: I rejoice in having a sound mind but sometimes it is less than sound when I allow wrong thinking to enter. Help me Lord stay strong and fight this battle trying to destroy me and ultimately chase friends, strangers,  and family away. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

#Biblegatewayblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment