Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Who Is In Control Anyway?

 



“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”Isaiah 55:8

Do you ever try to orchestrate things in life to make them happen? How’s that working out for you? 

You pray, you wait. You pray and believe some more. Once again you wait. Why hasn’t that job promotion come? Where is the job offer I expected to get? Why don’t I hear from my adult children more? Why don’t people understand me? Many issues in life can be taxing on you and you may just feel like taking control but please don’t. 

Continue to trust God. Talk to him daily. He loves to hear from you. Is there a person you need to forgive? Do it. Do you feel anger or bitterness in your heart. Let it go before it eats you up on the inside. Learn to put others first and be a server not a taker. Soon you will be able to develop the patience God wants you to have while he works all things out. Just standby. 

PRAYER: I need you every day and every minute of every day Lord. When I try to control my life I turn it into a big mess. I know your plan for me is better than what I could ever work out. Help me be still. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment: