Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Rest My Friend

 


“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew11:28–30

There are many verses in the Bible about rest and resting and you may assume they deal with those who have gone on to Heaven. Rest is for the living as well. 

In America we burn the candle at both ends and are over achievers in a sense. What drives some people to not slow down and be still? Hey I am preaching to the choir here too. 

Don’t think every minute of the day has to be filled with noise and activities but relax and enjoy just sitting. Now moms with babies and toddlers may find this difficult but your time is coming. Even on a day off it doesn’t mean you need to fill your calendar. I challenge you to rest.

PRAYER:Father God you give me the opportunity to rest in you so help me take it! I choose to rest and have peace. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

Note: Wanted to let my readers know that my 97 year old mother Lucille Juett went to be with Jesus on 15 Feb 22. 

No comments:

Post a Comment