Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Think Before You Speak,Tweet,Write, Or Email


Do you see someone who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for them. Proverbs 29:20
That mouth can certainly cause trouble if not kept in check. Recently I was called out by a reader on blogger who pointed out in a round about way that a certain devotion I had written was in a sense ‘beating up’ on younger readers. You can only imagine that I felt terrible because it is not ever my intent to repel readers but to draw all to the savior. Sometimes in haste of writing and maybe not praying, things like that could happen. 
That being said, everyone should be careful how you speak, respond on social media, or if you write Christian devotions like yours truly, be careful to use grace not a sledge hammer when writing. Words in general should be seasoned as with salt and should show love not condemnation. 
Today’s verse saying “there is more hope for a fool” drives this point home even more. No one wants to be called foolish. But once you speak you can’t take back what you said. Apologies may go on for ever, relationships may end, people get unfriended and blocked on Facebook, and it can be a painful learning experience. So my friend here’s to be loving and kind with your mouth wherever you go. 
PRAYER: Lord Jesus I want my words to be used by you for drawing others to the kingdom. Help me be careful to not gossip, belittle, shame, guilt, or judge others and instead let my words bring hope and healing. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment