Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, August 11, 2019

I Will, I Can


I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Do you ever wake up and just seem to not be able to get going? You are in some sort of a funk. Even though you know that you need to get up and spring out of bed your heart is not in it for some reason. 

One of my favorite children’s books that teaches a valuable lesson all throughout life is ‘The Little Engine That Could’ by Watty Piper pen name for Arnold Munk. It teaches children, and adults, to keep going, be optimistic, hang in there, don’t quit. Even when you are seemingly the low man on the totem pole, the smallest person, the least educated, not so athletic, press on and keep chugging. 

I don’t know what you are facing today or in the near future, but take your life one day at a time. Don’t become discouraged when there are slow days because God has still got your back. He still hears your prayers. He wants you to be, borrowing a phrase from US  Army recruiting, ‘all that you can be’ each and every day. He wants you to stop comparing and start rejoicing. As pastor Paul Daugherty of Victory Christian Center, Tulsa often says “Your best days are ahead of you” so don’t quit and don’t sulk. The closer you get to your victory the more the enemy will attack. Keep on chugging! 

PRAYER: Thank you Lord that you are an ever present help in times of trouble or even times of joy. I know the enemy does not like rejoicing, praise, and victorious living so I will keep on annoying him and know my victory is one prayer away. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment