Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Do You Display Softness In Your Speech?



“A soft answer turns away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.” Proverbs 15:1

How are you with the words that come out of your mouth? Do you think before you speak, text, tweet, or email? Once words are out that’s it you can’t  take them back.

The ‘high road’ is the road Christians should seek to take and to stay on in life. By this I mean not trashing anything on social media. If people know you represent Jesus, or you should be trying to, then what you say and do speaks volumes.

Many people have been hurt by careless words. Relationships have been broken. Wars have been started. Secrets have been shared that should have remained confidential.

Are you guilty of publicly saying ugly things about others or an organization? Perhaps pray before you say something. At times, in anger,  it is easy to fly off the handle and let someone have it then afterwards you may regret it. Whatever you do or say do it as a representative of the most high God. If you love Jesus then represent him well.

 PRAYER: Lord Jesus I thank you for my mouth, my tongue, my vocal cords and the ability to speak, laugh, sing, shout and everything else. It is a blessing so help me remember that and use it as such. Forgive me when I have hurt someone with what I say and help me be able to forgive those who have hurt me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment