Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Comparison Monster Rears Its’ Head


Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

One of the biggest tools Satan likes to use is to get Christians defeated by having them compare themselves to others. Their finances, houses, cars, children, hobbies, bodies, talents, skills, athletic ability, education, spiritual development  and on and on it goes. 

Have you done that? It is easy to get caught up and not be happy. Just because a person is rich or beautiful doesn’t mean he or she is content. Contentment comes from within. 

Don’t allow the enemy to make you feel bad because you are not in the same situation as a friend or family member. Everyone is on a different journey. And nip envy in the bud because that too is not the route a believer should journey on. Tell God thank you for every blessing in your life for which I am certain you can name many. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus forgive me for allowing myself to stoop to self pity, envy, and comparison. I am grateful for all things you have given me. I need to stay focused on my side of the fence. Give me strength. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment