Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Keep Dreaming And Moving Forward



They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green. Psalm 92:14

Have you ever heard the Bible verse “without a vision the people perish” found in Proverbs 29:18. Simply put everyone needs to keep a vision alive of something. If you are over 50 don’t think you can’t try new things.

Go ahead and get involved in some new activities. Apply for a job you may be interested in. Try a new hobby. Learn a craft or skill. Think positive. Stay healthy on purpose. Go back to school. Create. Take a hike. You get the idea. Keep your mind and body active. Find a Bible study group to be a part of or start one yourself.
It takes courage to step out into something new. Perhaps the Holy Spirit is speaking to you about a new direction you need to try in life. Pray for sure. And know that God is not the God of a confused spirit. Surround yourself with positive uplifting people. Listen to uplifting Christian music that stirs your soul. And keep your dreams alive no matter what your age. 

PRAYER: Lord I am thankful for the ability to pray, to dream, to have energy to be able to wake up and explore new things. Help me never get stagnant or feel washed up because that is only going to be the enemy trying to disable me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: A year ago, I felt the need to try to expand my writing ministry by beginning to speak to groups. The only positive response was to take a Bible study to a local nursing home. I had been a rehab patient there in 2015. I made contact with an activity director at a local retirement community in earlier this summer. I didn't hear anything back. Last Thursday, I went there to hear a dear friend sing gospel songs. I met the activity director again and tried to remind her that we had met before. She responded that one of her Bible Study leaders had been ill and she might have to fill that woman's spot. Last Friday morning, she called me and told me she could use me to lead Bible Study on the second Friday of each month. I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve God in this way. Just so you know, I am in my early 70s.

    ReplyDelete