Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Tickled Ears?

 

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 NIV Bible Gateway
Does this verse ring true today? I would say yes. The culture we live in is making rules for what is right and wrong and therefore some denominations have caved to lies of the enemy.
Tickling ears is something my cat likes. She purrs and purrs as I do this. People likewise may be caught in a lifestyle they know is not right but yet continue thumbing their noses at God and pursuing their idea of right.
Now don’t get me wrong, we all have sinned and fallen short but making an idol of a lifestyle instead of living a righteous life before God is wrong. Yes I said it! Many are afraid to. The enemy has perpetuated a lie that continues to fester in society and until repentance comes as a nation we are in trouble. Is your heart hard before God? Who or what do you believe?
PRAYER: I love the Lord yet I know at one time I drifted yet God took me back and redeemed me and my foolish mistakes. I pray for those the present culture has lied to that they too can be set free and live a life pleasing to you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment