Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 10, 2023

God Is My Pilot



Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:33


On a recent cruise to the Inside Passage of Alaska on the final day we were departing Victoria, British Columbia in Canada and I sat on the 14th deck watching our Ocean vessel push out to the Pacific and our journey to Seattle. 


I gazed out the window of the restaurant I was sitting in when I saw the Pilot Boat 14 stories below me on the ocean safely guiding the ship out of the harbor into the tumultuous ocean. This reminded me of how God is our pilot, not co pilot. He is in the driver's seat safely guiding you along the course of your life.


If the ship had not gone along with the pilot boat there would have been a terrible accident but the Captain of the ship knew his job and that of the pilot boat so followed along to get out of the harbor safely. Are you following along with God to safely steer through life or are you ignoring the nudges of the Holy Spirit to do what you know is right?


PRAYER: Father forgive me for ignoring you and doing my own thing or trying to think things through and thus allow Satan to toy with my thoughts and establish a spirit of fear. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment