Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

I Shall Not Want

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  Psalm 23:1
I am not sure if it is maturity, growing older or what but I am pretty content in life and not desiring a bunch of material things. The verse for today tells us we should not want. Really I am perfectly content when I do not receive presents from people and love giving gifts and never expecting one in return. This verse though could also mean we should never be in want of food, clothing and shelter as God is taking care of us. 
If you read Psalm 23 in its' entirety it becomes pretty clear. The Lord is our Shepherd and basically He has stuff under control. He is not wanting you to be all stressed out about material things in life. 1 Timothy 6:8 says 'if you have food and clothing be content in that.' Possessing lots of stuff does not make a person happier. 
Here we are a the day following the  celebration of Jesus' birth and seemingly the main focus was buy, buy, buy. Things do not bring joy and often leave a person empty. It is truly having peace and contentment in Jesus that matters in the long run. 
PRAYER: I am thankful for how you provide for my needs. I am grateful for gifts for, friends and family. I know with you I am never in want. You provide just what I need. Thank you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment