Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 14, 2015

Foot And Mouth Disease


And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

I don't mind being transparent as maybe other readers can identify with me. Occasionally I am inflicted with foot and mouth disease. This means sometimes I do not need to be running around sticking my nose into someone else's business and also need to learn I do not always have to be talking. Women are good at using our mouths to talk too much. One Christian teacher I heard said it is because women have more words than men do, so therefore we talk more. It is not the talking that is bad but it is saying the wrong things at the wrong times or just not knowing when to be silent. 

Satan loves it when people run off at the mouth. Words can break up relationships whether they be friendships, business partners, or marriages. Sometimes it is best to be  still and think before responding to someone or something.  Impulsiveness really leads to turmoil. Misspoken words lead to misunderstanding and a host of other problems. 

If you have this issue in your own life stop for a moment and assess what you could do to change things up and make things different in the approaching new year of 2016. 
If you have hurt someone with words go and ask forgiveness. Even if a person will not forgive you you can let it go and forgive them. Turn a new leaf and be careful with your mouth. 

PRAYER: Lord I love you and I love my friends and family. Help me learn to think before I speak and to be careful with my choice of words and when to speak and when to be silent. In Jesus' name. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment