Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Unashamed

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man Will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”Mark 8:38

As I sat eating lunch in a local restaurant I observed four 'twenty something' young people bowing in prayer before their meal. My first thought was "oh if only their parents knew. How proud and thankful they would be!"

Do you ever get embarrassed that someone might know you are 'religious'? First off, let me state that  I am not religious, I just love Jesus. Sure the world won't fall apart if you don't say grace before you eat but it sure is nice to do. It acknowledges your gratitude for His provision. Also we are not to do things to be showy, but similar to the four young people I observed, it sets an example for others. 

Do you hide your light under a basket or do you shine it for Jesus in the dark world around you? 

PRAYER: Forgive me when I don't remember to give you the praise and glory for all good things. Help me never be ashamed of you or your word. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment