Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Trimming Bad Branches

I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch on me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it may be even more fruitful. John 15:1-2

Every since we were married we have purchased a live Christmas tree. Whether you go to the woods and chop one down or buy it pre-cut at your local tree lot, you still need to get rid of straggly branches. These branches are trimmed to make the tree nice and neat. Live plants and bushes are likewise 'pruned' to help them grow better.

Our life at times needs to have some 'dead branches' cut off in order to make us grow better and thrive for God wherever we are placed. Sometimes this 'spiritual pruning' may hurt. It may be a lesson we have not grasped that we need to learn and often times is painful.  Things have to be 'cut off' that are holding us back from our full potential as believers. 

Can you think of a time in your life when you were pruned and did not understand it till much later? God's purposes will prevail. 

PRAYER: I know there are things in my life that need pruning at times to make me more Christlike. Help me not complain but realize it is for my own good. In Jesus' name. Amen.i

No comments:

Post a Comment