Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 16, 2013

HURT FEELINGS? BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, GOT THE TEE SHIRT.

 
Not every personality of different people is going to get along. Recently I got an email that was pretty blunt and hurtful from someone I hardly know. It had nothing to do with my writing by the way, although I have received that type. In the writing business you have to have "thick" skin and the ability to take rejection, as that is part of the business.
It is necessary to learn to not to take offense. Do not allow the enemy to rob you of your joy and peace. Do not let anger fester up and kill your witness to those around you. Sometimes a person may comment without thinking. I have done that so I know. It is good to let things sort of "roll off" you and not take things so personally. Do not let a spirit of bitterness fester and grow.
Proverbs 18:18(ESV) says 'A brother offended is more unyielding than a strong city, and quarreling is like the bars of a castle.' Pretty vivid word picture wouldn't you say? Offense leads to no good. Your reaction should be something like Ephesians 4:2-3(ESV) which says 'With all humility and gentleness, with patience bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.'
Peace is the ultimate goal and being forgiving is essential. Being offended is not Christlike either. It is a stronghold that needs to not take root.
PRAYER: I choose this day to not let a spirit of offense take root in my life. There are many opportunities to be offended but when I am tempted help me to remember to turn to hand pray and pray for the one who has hurt me as well. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment