Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

AH HA MOMENTS


 Ah ha moments, we probably have all had them. The time something finally "clicks" and you are able to grasp something or see its' purpose.

There may be many sitting in churches and synagogues week after week who do it simply out of duty or because that is what their families taught then was the "right" thing to do. Maybe they assume by doing their "church" duty weekly that when they die, off they will go to heaven. There really not been an "ah ha" spiritual moment in their lives. They are not really excited about Jesus or desire to get to know Him more by reading His word,The Bible. This person is content just going through the motions each Sunday then the other 6 days are normal. They may feel those who "do church" on other days are a little over the top.

My "ah ha" moment came on 19 March 1975 when I became "born again" and re dedicated my life to the Lord. It did not mean I would never have problems or sin but I asked Jesus to truly be Lord of my life and for once got excited about reading my Bible. If you have not had that "ah ha" moment I pray it comes for you.

Matthew 7:21( NIV) says 'Not everyone who says to me "Lord Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven but only the one who does the will of my Father which is in heaven.'

Where is your heart today? Church is not the gateway to heaven but knowing Jesus is. My prayer is all reading this make Jesus Lord of their lives. This may even mean changing churches to do so. Why not ask Him to be Lord of your life today?

PRAYER: Lord I need you every hour not just one hour on Sunday. Forgive me for not giving you first place in my heart and life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment