Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 2, 2013

TAMING THE TONGUE, PART 100



Misunderstandings often occur in life as a result of words spoken at the wrong time or misunderstood. Perhaps words are said that would have been left best unspoken. Indeed the tongue is "full of poison" like it says in James Chapter 3. Maybe you do not have a problem in this area but take a moment and read it anyway.

Words can make us or break us. All of life basically proceeds out of the mouth. The tongue can cause problems if it lies, talks back, meddles, gossips, betrays, hurts, or speaks out in anger. The mouth we have should be used to bless, not curse. It should praise, not condemn. It should speak truth, not lies.

A couple of the fruits of the spirit(Galatians 5:22-23) come into play in controlling the tongue and they are patience and self control. Patience, to think and wait before you speak and self control, in discipline of your thoughts and mouth.

Psalm 19:14(KJV) is a good verse to end with. It simply says "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight oh Lord my strength and my redeemer.'

PRAYER: Father God it is my desire to please you in all areas of life. The tongue is one of the hardest things to tame. It is so easy to speak without thinking of how it will affect people. Forgive me when I have hurt someone and help me forgive others who have hurt me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment