Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 30, 2013

FRIENDS ARE SO IMPORTANT



As I get closer to the New Year I reflect back on the joy of friendship. I have learned much throughout the years about what to do and not to do with some people. I have had joys and I have had sorrows. A friend can make you or break you as well. There is a Bible verse that simply says 'Bad company corrupts morals' (1 Corinthians 15:33). Another verse says 'A companion of fools suffers harm' (Proverbs 16:20).

I like the saying "If you want to be a friend you have to show yourself friendly". That is oh so true. Don't wait for someone else to make the first move. We can make friends in very unique places and ways. The good thing is to keep prayer in the center of making friends.

Jesus is of course, or should be, your very best friend. Is he? A best friend is someone you want to be with and spend time with. A friend is someone who loves you, warts and all. That is how Jesus loves us. A friend listens and does not put you down and hurt you. A friend is there when the world runs out on you. A friend understands and does not judge you. A friend hurts when you hurt. I could go on and on. This is exactly the kind of friend Jesus' is.

James 4:8 says 'Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts.' Luke 6:31 says 'And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.'

Jesus wants you to want to hang out with Him. Often as we rush through our days we barely give him a thought much less sitting down to be still and quiet and "talk" to Him.

Revelation 3:20 says 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.' Are you ready to be a real friend of Jesus today?

PRAYER: Lord God thank you for the blessings of friendships. Thanks for being my best friend. Forgive me when I have ignored you. I want to be a better friend. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment