Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TALKING POSITIVE IS POSITIVELY WONDERFUL

 Is anyone out there a fan of people who constantly are in a negative mood or mindset? I mean nothing they say brings much joy or positive affirmation. At times it makes you want to scream. People who are a certain age, for instance, start saying that they are too old for things. Now that, my friend, is negative talking. You are never too old. Do not talk down to yourself. I have heard stories of people starting many adventures later in life.  Recently there was a story in a paper I read about a lady over 50 being on the top of a water skiing pyramid. If you start in the 'old negative mindset', guess what? You are going to convince yourself by your negativity that you are no good and have nothing left in life to contribute and the enemy loves that.I have met a few flight attendants in my travels over 50 and some started after 50.  Satan  would like you to sit in a rocking chair and feel sorry for yourself. If you are in good health you can do whatever you want. This is only one example of negativity. I am sure you can add to the list. But the point is you have to stay focused on thinking of good things.
 
Philippians 4:8 says "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Your mind needs to be set on the positive to stay uplifted. Thinking negative defeating thoughts will keep you downtrodden. Look up and rejoice! Philippians 2:5 says "Let this mind be in you which is in Christ Jesus." Christ is not negative. Try to be like Him why don't you.
 
Practice saying the following things out loud and see if you do not feel more positive:
I am redeemed.
I am a child of God.
I am loved by God.
I am special to God.
Jesus will restore the years locust has eaten.
God can and will heal and set me free.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
I am valuable to God.
I will resist Satan and he has to leave me alone!!
I do not dread the future for I know God is in charge and has great things in store for me!
I can do what I set my mind to.
 
Are you a half full or a half empty sort of person? Start today to be aware of when you slump into a negative mindset. Do not allow it to happen. You are not here by accident. Start thinking of good things that lift your spirit. Think of dreams you have that are not met. Try to go after some of them. What is stopping you? Do not say you are too old! Stop that negative talk right here and now.
 
It is sort of like the quote in the Hollywood film 'The Help' where the maid said to the  little girl she took care of "You is kind, You is smart, You is important." Not the best English in the world but the thought and meaning is certainly sincere. She was affirming this small child of her value because the childs' own mother neglected to do so. If you have children make sure to tell them daily how you much you love them, that God has a special plan for their life and that they are special.
 
And one more thing. Try smiling. It helps keep things more positive. Do not give the enemy glory by being a sour puss.Psalm 37:4 says "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
 
PRAYER: I want to try to stay positive Lord. I know it brings no glory to you nor does god for me when I have wrong thoughts.Help me keep my focus on good  things and on you.I will not allow situations or people to drag me down into their negative pitiful pit.  In Jesus Name. Amen.
Click on link below for a worship song to lift your spirits:

No comments:

Post a Comment