Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

GOD IS 24/7:UP ALL NIGHT

God never slumbers or sleeps.  24 hours around the clock He is there for us. He does not have business hours. He does not say, "do not bother me I have to go to bed now." No, He is ever present ready to listen to your prayers. He is like a 'spiritual drive thru window'. Come to him all you who are weary. He is there for your every need. He never gets tired and never gets bored with His job. He loves you and is waiting to hear from you.

Psalm 121:3-4 tells us " He will not let your foot slip--he who watches over you will not slumber;indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." Imagine that! Non stop service from a loving God ready to listen to you and take care of your needs. Your round the clock counselor! Jeremiah 33:3 says "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

At Christmas, well meaning parents who change the meaning of Christmas to honor Santa over baby Jesus, may sing the song "You better watch out you better not cry, better not pout I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town". It goes on "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake". Say what? I do believe they must mean, Jesus sees you when you are sleeping. That is what I would think you would want to teach children in a Christ centered home. Never mind the Saint Nicholas thing but he is not seeing you 24/7, but God in fact is. So parents there is your challenge for next Christmas.

 In 2 Chronicles 16:9 it says "The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. What a fool you have been! From now on you will be at war." I love that picture of his eyes roaming and watching us. Hebrews 4:13 says "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." He knows it all. He is there for you when others may abandon you. Proverbs 15:3 goes on to say "The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good." He is fair. He gives everyone a chance to accept Him into their hearts.

Have you asked Jesus to be Lord of your life? Do you know if you died right now you would be in heaven with Him? If not why not stop right now and say "Lord Jesus I need you. Forgive me of my sins. Forgive me for ignoring you. I want you to come into my heart and create a new clean heart. I want to live for you and serve you and no other." When you pray and accept Christ you will go to heaven. It is not about a church membership or denomination but simply asking Jesus to be Lord of your life. Let Him into your heart today.

PRAYER: Lord I need you every hour and I am thankful you are there for me. Forgive me for the times other things took more priority than serving you and getting to know you better. Thank  you Lord for being there for me around the clock. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Click on link below to enjoy a worship song to go along with this devotion. Be blessed!
http://youtu.be/tZIMDcgrF-Q

No comments:

Post a Comment