Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

LIGHT A CANDLE OR CURSE THE DARKNESS

It is necessary to take a stand for righteousness.  Do not be so overly off the deep end that you do not try to impact a company, community  or a person who many may think is beyond hope. By this I mean you can do more than scream at them about how bad they are and how they are hurting society. Take Hollywood for instance. Master Media International Ministry  is working one actor, one director, one film executive at a time, behind the scenes, to impact Hollywood and New York City for  Christ. Truck Stop Ministries Inc has reached out to semi drivers across the nation since 1981. With the temptations of the road this is an excellent outreach to these mostly male drivers. 

Even on shows like American Idol you have had your Christian missionaries of sorts who are permeating the darkness of Hollywood by singing their Christian songs. Some Miss America's in the past have been outspoken for Christ and thus have taken His message with them as they wear the Miss America crown for the year they serve .


 Personally I would not feel comfortable saying it is okay to go in a strip club to win people to Christ because the situation may tempt you but I know there are ministries trying to get girls off the streets who are caught in prostitution and I also heard once of a group of women who stood in front of a gentleman's club passing out cookies with their children and supposedly were instrumental in closing this business down. Perhaps the men were too convicted that what they were doing was wrong and degraded women.

Several companies today support agendas that are go against the word of God. You can take a stand against them and not support them with your hard earned money is one way and follow it by writing a loving letter saying why or you can try to possibly influence someone for the good. Notice I used the word 'loving'. Condemnation and hatred are not good witnessing tools normally.

We have to go into the world to make an impact on the world. Staying in Holy huddles will not help spread the love of God. I am not condoning witnessing in strip clubs mind you as you need to use wisdom and discernment to know where to go to make an impact for Christ. With Master Media, even though we may not agree with most of what comes out of Hollywood, instead of condemning all of it, this ministry tries to do friendship evangelism, to change the hearts first then possibly the product will follow.

Usually anger and ugliness is not going to change someone but showing love , grace, and compassion will. It is okay to take a stand, do not get me wrong, but you have to win others by lighting a candle so to speak.  Cursing the darkness may turn some off and not show God's love to those you are trying to win. Above all remember to pray.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 says "Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To  the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." Never compromise yourself morally or go against God's word in trying to reach the lost.


PRAYER: Lord use me to make a difference in the world around me. Give me course to speak up in love against things immoral or sinful in order to make a positive change. Help me be guided by your love. In Jesus name. Amen. 

Click on link to worship the Lord with a wonderful song.
http://youtu.be/k-XufRTMLxg

Note:As I was searching You Tube for the song I see where it is also a mission field simply because of the types of videos you see posted there.

No comments:

Post a Comment