Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

REJECTION


This word alone sounds hurtful and evokes pain for many. Friends reject us, spouses can reject us, bosses can reject us, co workers can reject us. For those who have never felt the sting and pain of rejection,rejoice! It is awful. To be 'put on the shelf' is a hurtful, painful thing. Sometimes you can not get away from the feeling. It takes time for the wound to heal.

The good news is that people may disappoint but God never does. He sticks closer than a brother. There is a verse in Psalm 118:16 that say " The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid,what can man do to me?"  Still humanly it is hard to endure rejection by anyone. It is only with God's help that we can emerge victorious and not be bothered by this and trust God to get you through it.  Romans 8:31 says "if God be for us who can be against us.". Psalm 56:4 tells us " in God whose word I praise, in God I trust. I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me." Proverbs 19:11 says "a man's wisdom gives him patience. It is to his glory to overlook an offense." Luke 6:27 says "love your enemies and do good to those who hate you." Now that is a tall order and only through the power of God's love inside of you are you able to do this supernatural act.

You have to give up thinking you want to get back at someone, and simply pray for them. Matthew 5:44 tells  us to "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." Remember when Jesus was being crucified upon the cross and he said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"(Luke 23:34). How many of us could react that way when being hurt or tortured? Not too many. Human nature says "lash back" and God's nature says "love and forgive and move on".

When we go through the 'valleys' in life that make us want to give up God is there to get us back up to the mountain top. Remember he alone will see you through and has a brighter tomorrow waiting.

PRAYER: Father you are my best friend, my comforter, my restorer, my redeemer and I thank you for lifting me up out of the miry pit at times. Thank you for the lessons I learn in the valley that I can learn from to help others who are hurting later. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link for wonderful worship song:

No comments:

Post a Comment