Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, February 4, 2011

YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO GOD

I would think it would be tough being a celebrity who all of a sudden finds themselves not in demand or not in the limelight anymore. Perhaps this is why many take to doing strange things .You have been top dog and top billing and all of a sudden someone else is the big person everyone is swooning over. Unless you were pretty well grounded and secure this could throw you for a loop. No one is clamoring for autographs anymore. You are a 'has been'.

It could happen in normal life too. Let's say you are a lady who is the 'big cheese' at some corporate firm and you decide you want to stay home with your children and raise them. There may be a few admirers that know you are doing the right thing but many will blame you for wasting your education or giving up such a lucrative position or a job title. I actually had someone tell me once I was wasting my degrees by staying home with my children. I begged to differ. I was raising leaders for the future and proud and happy to do it. My husband even affirmed me with my own 'stay home mom' business card. It was terrific! Everyone needs a boost to their self esteem so this was a great encouragement.

Seems like the world is hung up on title and position. You have to be secure in yourself if you have been in a big important job and stepped down. When I got out of the military several years ago right before starting a family, all of a sudden I was not 'Captain Miller' but just another dependent of a active duty soldier. For a while it bothered me but not because of the fact I was an officer, but because I seemed to get treated differently. No one should treat big wigs better than others. Sure there is a matter of protocol but besides that we are all important in Gods' eyes. Each person has a valuable contribution to make to his or her world no matter if they work in a skyscraper, if they are at home baking cookies or collecting garbage. All people deserve respect.

Romans 12:3 says for us to "Not think more highly of ourselves than we ought to think ..". Ecclesiastes  7:16 says for us to "not be over righteous and overly wise...". Proverbs 27:2 says " Let another praise you and not your own lips.A stranger and not your own lips." Romans 12:16 tells us to be "willing to associate with men of low estate."

Another thing is you were made by God and he thinks you are pretty super. God may not always be pleased when we disobey him but he created us special. In Psalm 139:13-18  it tells us that we are 'fearfully and wonderfully made". " For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,  your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you."

  Do not ever think you do not matter. Everyone is special to God.

PRAYER: Lord God thank you for just where you have me in life. Help me Lord to reach out to others in the world around me and bloom where you have placed me in society whether it is a mom, factory worker, volunteer, business person, teacher, bus driver or whatever job I am in. I have value and help me to not put myself down.Help me learn to be kind to all kinds of people. Give me your love for all people.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment