Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

GLAD,SAD or MAD??

You may have lots of reasons to not feel glad today but the Bible says "This is the day the Lord has made we shall rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24) Do not focus on your problems and your fears but make a mental effort to focus on God and good things. Bad stuff will always be there. There may be difficult people in your life weighing you down and causing you trouble or there may be a misunderstanding with someone or a bad situation. We are still to give thanks in all things as well. Yes, it does say that in the Bible.  1 Thessalonians 5:18 says "In all things give thanks for this is the will of Christ Jesus concerning you."  'But wait just a minute God I can not be thankful for bad junk'. Get in a habit of saying 'Lord I do not know why this is happening but I pray you will make stars out of scars.'

We are to try to live at peace with everyone. Hebrews 12:14 says "Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." Romans 12:18 says "Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone." It is a challenge with some people to even feel like talking to them especially if you have been hurt but you see it here that we are to try to be peaceful. God can give you the strength if you only ask him.

Our afflictions are only momentary it says in scripture. 2 Corinthians 4:17 says "For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! " Things happen in life but this too shall pass.

Remember tribulation works patience and is for our good even though it does not seem like it. Romans 5:3 says "We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance." "Create in me a clean heart oh God and renew a right spirit within me."(Psalm 51:10).

Try to learn to be quiet even though humanly you have every right in the world to fight back. Ask God for strength to have a calm spirit and whoever in your life is sandpaper give them to the Lord and say " Lord what I am supposed to be learning because of the conflict with this person." Remember you can not change anyone only the Holy Spirit can do that. Keep praying and do not give up.

Romans 8:31 says "If God be for us who can be against us."

PRAYER: Father show me if there is anything in my life that is contributing to the misunderstanding with a person or the problem in my life. Lord God I want to experience your joy 24/7 and delight myself in you. Forgive me for focusing on stuff I can not do anything about. I want to walk with you and I want to be your servant. Help me to have patience with the 'thorns' in my life and show your love even when I do not feel like it. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment