Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Comparison Monster Via The Infamous Christmas Letter

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4-7NIV Bible Gateway

After going through all my Christmas cards and hearing from friends and family far and wide I saved the letters for last and sat down with tea to read through them as I had several. I used to write a letter but stopped  years ago. 

I am not sure if anyone else has problems with this but hearing about everyone’s cruises, trips to Europe, buying an RV and/or cabin or beach house, and so forth I started to get kind of discontent or maybe even a tad jealous.  I am happy for my friends but why can’t I do that too. Now if you have done that too I realized that I had much to be thankful for that others don’t have too. It is a matter of perspective. 

When I used to write letters I tried to not brag but I am sure it slipped out. Of course you are proud of accomplishments but realize all the glory goes to the Lord. Facebook can kind of be like that where our best foot is always put forward. I chuckle to remember a couple letters where one was talking of the calamity in their life and another about having a heart attack when a half sister she didn’t know existed came to her door. Now these letters were real and took guts to write. Why not before you throw away your cards make a point to pray for everyone that sent one to you. That is a way to reset your negative attitude. 

PRAYER: Father thank you for the blessing of letters and cards from family and friends at Christmas. I pray for any people who are sick, had death in family, or having issues that you may help them have peace. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment